Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quick and Easy Pantry Cooking Day Five: Orange Marmalade Sweet Potatoes



There are certain vegetables such as sweet potatoes that I always keep in stock. I put them in soup, roast them with other veggies, bake them as oven fries or just eat them as a baked potato. I now have a new favorite way to prepare sweet potatoes, mashed with orange marmalade. Rachel Ray made them on her show, Thirty Minute Meals and I veganized her recipe. I have combined orange and sweet potato before, making mashed sweet potatoes with orange juice and maple syrup but the orange marmalade is just delicious and takes it to another level! The picture does not do them justice. Use a good quality orange marmalade.




Orange Marmalade Sweet Potatoes
6 small sweet potatoes or 3-4 large (mine happened to be very tiny so I used 6)
2-3 heaping tablespoons orange marmalade (add three if you like extra sweetness)
2 tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
salt to taste

Roast potatoes in 400 degree oven for about an hour until tender. You could also microrave them or cut into chunks and boil them but I prefer the flavor of baked potatoes. Peel and roughly mash potatoes, add remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment