Monday, February 9, 2009

Vegan Dining in Los Angeles

My sister's family was visiting this weekend so there was lots of vegan food involved. My sister is a gluten free vegan. My older niece is vegetarian. My brother-in-law and younger niece are omnivores but they happily eat vegan food on occasion! I am a lucky vegan!


I wrote a previous post about M Cafe's new location in Culver City. The first time I ate there it wasn't as good as their other location. I decided to give it another chance. This time was great. I had the Panino Margarita which has tomato, soy mozzarella & basil-almond pesto on focaccia, grilled hot & crisp with kale with a spicy peanut sauce.


On Sunday we ate at Flore in the Silver Lake area of Los Angeles. It is a tiny vegan restaurant and we had to wait quite a long time for a table but it was well worth it. Everyone loved their food. Here's what we ordered:

Soul Food Special
Macaroni and "cheese", greens, cornbread, vegan margarine and black-eyed peas
This is what I had. It was such good macaroni and cheese and the black-eyed had a pesto like sauce on them-soooo good!



Tacos de Papas (Wheat Free/Gluten Free)
Two potato tacos served on stone ground corn tortillas, topped with lettuce, tomato and cilantro cream. Served with sides of pico de gallo, brown rice and black beans.


Tofu “Egg” Salad Sandwich
Tofu “egg” salad, green leaf lettuce and tomato stacked together on organic sourdough. Served with potato salad.


Avocado & Cheese Sandwich
Sandwich of cashew cheese, green leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, avocado
and sprouts served with eggless mayonnaise on organic sourdough. Served with potato salad.



Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cupcake. We forgot to photograph the desserts at the restaurant-this is one we brought home. We also had incredible lemon cupcakes and a slice of just okay cheesecake.

It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment